Disney has said it is delaying the 2017 release of Jurassic World sequel Jurassic World II: The Secret of the Tomb, citing a change to the film’s development schedule that “could compromise the safety and security of the public.”
The delay comes just one day after Disney said it would release the film in 2019, which it previously said would be the last year for the film.
The studio has not specified the details of the new schedule, but the announcement comes just days after a major safety scare, including a mass shooting, in a Hollywood hotel.
The film, which was originally scheduled for a December 20, 2018, release, has been delayed to the following March because of the threats.
The sequel is still slated for an April 3, 2020, release.
Disney also said it will continue to work with local law enforcement to identify and apprehend criminals who commit crimes in the U.S. While Disney did not provide a specific estimate of the number of crimes the film will investigate, a statement said, “The safety and safety of the community is of the utmost importance to Disney and we will continue our efforts to work closely with local authorities to secure and arrest individuals who commit crime.”
While the announcement does not include specific information about how many people are at risk for exposure, the Wall Street Journal reported that the risk from a terrorist attack in the United States has risen in recent months.
In the wake of the attacks, Disney has pledged to “make sure that our guests are safe” and have added a “safety team” to ensure “our guests are secure” at all times.